09 February 2006

From: Jyväskylä, Finland (FI-7879)

Postcrossing card FI-7879:

I especially love the stamp on this card!

postcrossing postcard from: Jyväskylä, Finland

postcrossing stamp from: Jyväskylä, Finland

postcrossing origin map: Jyväskylä, Finland


About the postcard
Sender: Elina (kiraffi)
Posted: 2006-02-03
Received: 2006-02-09
Travelled: 8840 km (5493 mi) in 6 days.

About the origin
Location: Jyväskylä, Finland
Lat, Lon: 62° 14' N, 25° 44' E
Population: 83,582 (2004)
Language(s): Finnish
Tidbit: From Wikipedia:

A number of firsts in Finnish education have taken place in Jyväskylä:

  • The first Finnish-speaking Lyceum (High School) (1858)
  • The first Finnish-speaking teacher training college (1863)
  • The first Finnish-speaking school for girls (1864)
  • Finland's first Summer University (1914)
Due to this, among other things, the city earned the nickname Athens of Finland.

1 comment:

szirmaik said...

Hi Laura! I've gotten your e-mail, sorry that I haven't written earlier :-(( I've uploaded my blog and put a link of your site onto it. I would like to swap cards with you, write me!! My e-mail address is eos_89@yahoo.com.
Bye
Kriszti