22 January 2006

From: Penzance, Cornwall, United Kingdom (GB-4104)

Postcrossing card GB-4104:

The first card I received through postcrossing...

postcrossing postcard from: Penzance, United Kingdom

postcrossing stamp from: Penzance, United Kingdom postcrossing stamp from: Penzance, United Kingdom

postcrossing origin map: Penzance, United Kingdom

About the postcard
Sender: Kate (rollerskate)
Posted: 2006-01-18
Received: 2006-01-21
Travelled: 8622 km (5358 mi) in 3 days.

About the origin
Location: Penzance, Cornwall, United Kingdom
Lat, Lon: 50° 7' N, 5° 32' W
Population: 20,000 (approx.)
Language(s): English
Tidbit: Penzance is where the pirates come from in the Gilbert and Sullivan operetta, The Pirates of Penzance. (Go figure, eh? Actually, I'm not familiar with that work. I found out about it while investigating a comment Kate wrote on the postcard.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just purchased a printer-copier-scanner, so I am now able to scan my postcards and stamps. I replaced the previous image of the postcard from Kate and added the stamps!

I hope you enjoy!

-Laura :)

Stuart Green said...

Great blog! I just signed up to Postcrossing on the strength of it and am already mailing my first off to Hamm in Germany.

I'd really like to figure out a way to combine it with another project .. The Great Postcard Hunt at http://greatpostcardhunt.blogspot.com/

Cheers,
Yorkie.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you like it! I try to learn a little bit about each city I send a card to or receive one from.

The postcard hunt sounds interesting. How do you plan to combine it with postcrossing?

Cheers!

-Laura :)